The SkinMedica Vitalize Peel is a three step chemical exfoliation procedure. This procedure is composed of salicylic acid, lactic acid, resorcinol and a retinol solution designed to address mild to moderate skin imperfections such as sun-damage, melasma, fine lines and wrinkles, acne, acne scarring, uneven skin tone and texture.
What to Expect from the Vitalize Chemical Peel
The Vitalize Peel is safe for all skin types, from fair skin to dark skin tones. A series of 3-6 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart, in conjunction with an optimal home care regimen will yield optimal results. Patients begin to experience mild peeling approximately two days after the procedure that will last two to three days.
- Safety for all skin types when applied by a professional
- Quick application with minimal or no discomfort
- The possibility of visible improvement after just one treatment
- Best results from treatments done in a series
Not everyone is a candidate for a Vitalize Chemical Peel. Let Dr. Biesman or one of his team of experts determine if you would be likely to benefit from this rejuvenating treatment
For at least one week before treatment, avoid any procedures in the area to be peeled that that may affect your skin’s ability to heal. Some examples include electrolysis, waxing, depilatory creams, laser hair removal or other laser treatments, and topical products such as those containing ReinaA type products (Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Avage, retinol) or any products containing glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide and any others. You must notify Dr. Biesman and/or his staff ALL products you are using on your skin to achieve best outcomes.
Upon leaving the office, you may notice that your skin has a yellow tinge that lasts a couple of hours. You are free to cleanse your treated skin later that evening but preferably, the following morning with a gentle cleanser. Then simply use a moisturizer and a broad spectrum sunscreen until your skin heals. Dr. Biesman and his staff will help you select the products that are best for your skin.
- Within 48 hours after treatment:, the skin may begin to peel or flake a process that may continue for up to five days). During this period, avoid strenuous exercise and use of any products other than those recommended by Dr. Biesman or his staff
- For 2 to 3 days after treatment: The skin will typically be redder than usual; it is common and expected that your skin may be red, itchy and/or irritated after treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and use a sunscreen recommended by Dr. Biesman and his staff for several weeks after a Vitalize Peel.
- It is also possible (but very unlikely) that other adverse side effects may occur. Although rare, skin breakout or acne, rash, dark spots, itchy and/or irritated, swelling or burning sensation have been reported after having a Vitalize Peel.