Minimally Invasive RejuvenationHome » Services » Minimally Invasive Rejuvenation
Cosmetic Non-Invasive and Minimally-Invasive Services
Cosmetic non-invasive or minimally invasive services provide a way to counteract the numerous changes that occur in our faces with the passage of time and the influence of a variety of environmental factors.
There are many ways age and environmental influences affect our appearances. Examples of situations in which noninvasive or minimally invasive cosmetic services can be helpful include when:
- Skin loses its elasticity
- Skin develops brown or red discoloration
- Skin texture is affected by acne scarring
- Faces “deflate” as the soft tissues that provided the fullness characteristic of youth descend and become smaller
- Deep lines and wrinkles develop from the repeated actions of facial muscles
- Eyebrows and/or eyelids sag
- There’s a loss of definition of the jawline
- There’s jowling or fullness of the neck
- There is an undesirable accumulation of fat beneath the chin
- There is discoloration and wrinkling of our skin on the chest, arms, hands, and legs
- Our hands become thin and “bony”
- We develop collections of fat where we were once more trim including our abdomen (belly), flanks (love handles), inner and outer thighs, back, the area below are chin, male breasts, and others.
The Goal of Rejuvenation Treatments
Rejuvenation, which refers to the process of making someone look more as he or she did when younger, involves the correction of age-related changes in such a manner that a more youthful yet natural appearance is restored. Rejuvenation does not mean elimination of all wrinkles and lines; such a look is typically artificial. Rejuvenation in its true sense refers to the return of a younger look without introducing characteristics that had never been previously present.
Treatment options available to achieve facial rejuvenation may include the use of:
- Lasers or light sources to correct skin discoloration, wrinkles and textural changes, and unwanted blood vessels
- Noninvasive skin tightening such as Thermage treatment
- Injectable agents such as botulinum toxins and fillers to reduce lines and restore volume in our faces and hands
- Noninvasive fat reduction to reduce unsightly bulges and to improve our shape and contour
- Surgery to remove excess tissues or return sagging tissues to their proper position.
Many individuals develop multiple signs of aging simultaneously. As each treatment option accomplishes only one or two objectives, it is common for a comprehensive treatment plan to involve several parts.