Noninvasive skin tightening refers to the use of technology-based devices to produce a tightening or lifting effect on our skin without the need for surgery. While numerous technologies exist in the marketplace, only Thermage® and Ultherapy® have undergone rigorous scientific testing and withstood the test of time as they have been used to treat millions of patients over many years.
Noninvasive skin tightening treatments heat the skin in a very precise manner, stimulating both the tightening of existing collagen as well the production of new collagen. These treatments help improve our skin immediately as well as play a preventative role in helping preserve our appearance so we look better in the future than had we not undergone noninvasive skin tightening treatment. Noninvasive skin tightening can be performed on the eyelids, face, neck, and even the body. These treatments are highly technique dependent and best outcomes can only be achieved consistently when performed by an experienced practitioner.
Noninvasive skin tightening treatments are amongst the safest aesthetic procedures, carry minimal risk, and little to no downtime. There is a range of response to Thermage® and Ultherapy® treatments with some patients achieving dramatic results while others have a more subtle improvement. A small percentage of patients may demonstrate little to no improvement at all. Dr. Biesman and his team will help you determine whether you are a good candidate for noninvasive skin tightening treatment.
- Noninvasive skin tightening can be used to help rejuvenate the face, neck, eyelids, abdomen, thighs, and other areas
- Treatments are performed with minimal discomfort and no “down” time or recovery period
- Some tightening is usually visible at the conclusion of treatment but continuing improvement occurs over several months as collagen is remodeled and produced
- Noninvasive skin tightening is not a substitute for surgery. Ideal candidates either do not have enough changes to warrant surgery, have already had surgery and are starting to see some relaxation, or do not wish to undergo surgery but understand that skin tightneing will not produce the same result as an operation
- Skin tightening treatments are complimented by skin resurfacing, IPL, vascular lasers, injection of botulinum toxins and/or fillers
- Dr. Biesman was one of the first physicians in the United States to offer Thermage treatments in 2002. A few years later, he developed the Thermage® eyelid treatment, specifying the guidelines and testing the equipment for safety and efficacy
- Ultherapy is an FDA approved, noninvasive skin tightening treatment that uses focused ultrasound to tighten and lift facial skin and to reduce wrinkling of the decolletege. Dr. Biesman contributed to the development of this technology and has participated in several trials evaluating its safety and efficacy. His practice was the first in the mid-South to offer this innovative treatment.