Home » Blog » What Does the Doctor Order?
What Does the Doctor Order?
Deciding What to Get Your Parents this Mother’s & Father’s Day?
As the calendar rolls around to Mother’s Day on May 14, and Father’s Day on June 18, the search for the perfect gift that is unique, insightful, and fun is not always easy! Yes, we know that our parents are always grateful for any recognition from their children, but sometimes us children want to honor our parents with a gift that is both meaningful and useful. But what do our parents really want? New survey information reveals that many moms and dads want to freshen up their appearance.
According to American Society for Plastic Surgery President Dr. Phillip Haeck, “In the last decade, we’ve seen women’s attitudes about cosmetic surgery change.” A combination of busy schedules, lack of sleep, and the need to focus on others can lead to mothers forgetting to take care of themselves. Additionally, rates of both surgical and nonsurgical rejuvenation procedures among men increased dramatically over the past several years, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Today, both men and women can take advantage of a wide variety of products and procedures to help achieve a natural, healthy, and more youthful appearance.
Nonsurgical rejuvenation options popular with both men and women today include:
- Medical grade skincare to transform and maintain skin health
- Injectables such as Botox® and fillers which can relax deep facial lines and restore youthful and attractive facial contours
- Noninvasive skin tightening as achieved by Thermage® or Ultherapy®
- CoolSculpting® for noninvasive body contouring and reduction of unwanted bulges in the belly, “love handles”, thighs, under the chin, back, and many other areas
- Kybella® for removal of unwanted fullness of the neck or “double chin”
- Laser treatment for unwanted blood vessels or stretch marks
Many years ago, both men and women would wait until fifties to start thinking about ways to achieve a more youthful appearance. Today, with so many nonsurgical and minimally invasive options available, men and women typically begin to address their appearance in their thirties and even earlier. So when deciding what to get your parents this Mother’s and Father’s Day, a gift certificate for aesthetic services may be just what the doctor ordered!